This swim program is for children & adults with intellectual disabilities. Practices will focus on developing the swimmers' endurance, technique, and competitive swimming skills. The Special Olympics Texas team practices once a week and swimmers can compete in the regional and state meets in the fall.
This swim team is for ages 6+ and anyone 8 years old & older can compete in local & state swim meets with other Special Olympic Texas teams. Team members will be placed into levels based on skill level: Learn-To-Swim, Stroke Development, or Squad Training.
Upcoming season begins July 9th!
A 12 week program from July 2nd - October 1st.
• $80 per swimmer for the whole season
• Meet fees are $35 per meet if your swimmer wants to compete in Special Olympics Texas Fall Classic swim meet. (note: it's completely optional whether to compete or not)
• Tuesdays and Fridays from 6:30pm - 7:15pm
Optional - but we need to know what meets you plan to attend by July 2nd!
• August 3rd is the Area 5 swim meet in Beaumont 9am - 3pm (Free to participate)
• September 28th is the Area 4 swim meet at Cy-Fair 9am - 4pm (This meet is required if also wanting to compete in the October meet) (Free to participate)
• October 3rd - 5th is the 2019 Fall Classic at College station ($35 to participate)
• Please bring a competed Youth Program Waiver if swimmer is under 18 years old
• Also, bring a completed Medical Release form that needs to be filled out by a parent/guardian and a medical professional.
English Version | Spanish Version