This swim program is for children & adults with intellectual disabilities. Practices will focus on developing the swimmers' endurance, technique, and competitive swimming skills. The Special Olympics Texas team practices once a week and swimmers can compete in the regional and state meets in the fall.
This swim team is for ages 6+ and anyone 8 years old & older can compete in local & state swim meets with other Special Olympic Texas teams. Team members will be placed into levels based on skill level: Learn-To-Swim, Stroke Development, or Squad Training.
Upcoming season: August 13th - October 19th
• $80 per swimmer for the whole season
• Meet fees are $35 per meet if your swimmer wants to compete in Special Olympics Texas swim meets. (note: it's completely optional whether to compete or not)
• Fridays from 6:30pm - 7:15pm
• October 6th is the Area 5 Meet
• October 18th is the State Meet
• Please bring a competed Youth Program Waiver if swimmer is under 18 years old
• Also, bring a completed Medical Release form that needs to be filled out by a parent/guardian and a medical professional.
English Version | Spanish Version